Rainforest Lumina: A night walk on the wild side
SINGAPORE ZOO’S 45th anniversary is right around the corner and it’s celebrating by offering visitors an illuminated treat.
The new attraction, Rainforest Lumina, promises to be a sensory feast for all.
Built in collaboration with Wildlife Reserves Singapore and multimedia entertainment studio Moment Factory, the attraction aims to spread the message of wildlife conservation and at the same time, ties in with efforts to ramp up the use of technology in and around the precinct.
The project, which took nearly 10 months to prepare, is themed “We Are One,” which means everyone – humans, animals, natures – has an important role to play to sustain life on earth.
During the preparation process, efforts were made to ensure minimal disturbance to the animals, including project light and sound away from the back of house. The back of house was also insulted and installed with cameras to monitor the animals.
“We observed that walking through the zoo’s rainforest setting at night awakens all your senses and we wanted to find an innovative way to allow all our guests to also enjoy this exciting experience. Rainforest Lumina is an interactive and illuminated night walk that leads visitors on a multimedia-enhanced journey designed to celebrate the wonders of the natural world,” Mandai Park Holdings Group CEO Mr. Mike Barclay
Singapore Zoo is also home to Night Safari, the world’s first nocturnal zoo and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country.
Here’s what we know about Rainforest Lumina:
- It’s the first such seasonal event to be staged in Southeast Asia.
- The course is a one kilometer trail through the lush forest featuring interactive light and sound installations.
- The night walk will cover nearly half Singapore Zoo’s area.
- It will also showcase animals such as orangutans, pangolins, and flying foxes, just to name a few.
- Tech used include light, multimedia, and interactive elements, as well as engaging narrative.
- Guests with limited mobility can also experience Rainforest Lumina by wheelchair or mobility devices.
- There are seven entry timings daily with the last entry at 10:30pm.
- It will run until the end of December
Ready for a spellbinding journey that will spark inspiration at every turn?
Rainforest Lumina is slated to open its doors to the public in July 2018.
- Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road Singapore 729826
- Operating hours: 7:30pm – 12am.
- Ticketing: Get them online here
For more information, visit Rainforest Lumina’s website.
Source: Travels travelwireasia.com