All you need to know about Indonesia’s Cartoon Network theme park
THE WORLD got its first Cartoon Network theme park, Cartoon Network Amazone, in 2014 when it opened its doors in the coastal plains of Thailand’s Bang Saray, Pattaya.
The park comprises 10 themed entertainment zones spanning 14 acres featuring some of the network’s biggest stars such as Adventure Time’s Finn and Jake, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, and more.
But now, Indonesia is about to get its own exciting edition of a Cartoon Network-themed park.
Turner Asia Pacific has announced a licensing partnership with Indonesian real-estate and hospitality investment company, The MAJ Group.
Turner Asia Pacific President Ricky Ow said in a statement, “Turner and The MAJ Group share the same vision of creating the ultimate family destination in Indonesia, and the entertainment park will combine world-class design with unparalleled Balinese hospitality.”
“Above all, it will offer guests genuine fun powered by Cartoon Network, Asia’s leading kids entertainment brand.”
Bali is already a paradise destination, attracting 600,000 foreign tourists each month, come rain or shine, or a rumbling volcano. With the upcoming new addition, The MAJ Group hopes to position Bali as a family-friendly destination.
Aside from the concept art, not much has been revealed about the park.
But here’s a little something to get you excited:
- Bali’s Cartoon Network theme park will be a key part of the MAJ Nusa Dua complex.
- At 10 acres, it will be the biggest water park on the island.
- It is also Indonesia’s first internationally-branded theme park.
- Fans can expect to run free or get soaked with their favorite characters as the park will offer both indoor and outdoor attractions.
- It will house thrilling water rides, surf rides, massive wave pools, an entertainment center, and more.
- There will also be live entertainment and performances featuring characters from Ben 10, We Bare Bears, Powerpuff Girls, and Adventure Time.
The park is projected to be complete in 2020.
Aside from Cartoon Network Amazone in Thailand and the upcoming park in Bali, other Cartoon Network-branded projects licensed by Turner International include IMG Worlds of Adventures in Dubai, Amaazia in India, and Cartoon Network Wave cruise liner in Asia Pacific.
The post All you need to know about Indonesia’s Cartoon Network theme park appeared first on Travel Wire Asia.
Source: Travels travelwireasia.com